-->

Sunday, May 12, 2013

May 12. Day 132. I can see a rainbow

A rainbow appeared in the sky on this mother's day morning. The span went from horizon to horizon (although my lens wasn't wide enough to capture its true glory).  You can never capture the true beauty of a rainbow on film. You have to be there. That's what makes it special.
Anyway I saw the rainbow as kind of a metaphor for the whole mothering thing.
There will be clouds and there will be rain but there's also something very, very special about being a mother.
Yes there have been stormy moments but the bright colourful moments make it all worthwhile.
So I want to thank my mum and I want to thank my son for lighting up the sky, for expanding my horizons, for being there on the dark days.
And I continue to hope that my boy will deliver the pot of gold his mum deserves (no pressure or anything)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete