-->

Sunday, April 7, 2013

April 7. Day 97. That has to hurt

 I am not cut out to be a gardener. I kill things without any real effort. But today I was walking around the garden talking on my phone when I noticed a few weeds in the planter box by the pool. Actually when I say weeds think more like Jack and the Beanstalk but without the possibility of a golden egg at the top.
So I decided to pull them out while I was chatting. BIG MISTAKE. Next thing there was this incredible pain in my shoulder. As I tugged, I managed to edge straight into a wasps nest. Yep, I stirred up quite a  hornets wasps nest there.
I consider myself lucky in that only one wasp got me and only through my PJs. But it still hurt like hell.
So my husband decided to act.
Behaving like someone who had a vague idea of what he was doing he grabbed the gas lighter and charged through the pool gate.
Having been stung once I kept a safe distance and helped by taking photos to record his incredible act of valour.
No more wasps but we still have the weeds. I wouldn't want to get all stupid about it. Some people just aren't cut out to garden. I am one of those people.

No comments:

Post a Comment