-->

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

January 30. Day 30. Dripping

It is so true that if all else fails talk about the weather. Not only is it a "safe" conversation, it also a subject of endless variety and fascination. In short, there is always something to talk about weather you like it or not (pun intended).
Even allowing for that, this week has been a "special" case.
Cyclonic winds and driving rain and flooding and now the irony of a city facing critical water shortages because of flooding in the water treatment plants. Sigh.
But as things return to normal we can return to whinging about the heat and the humidity.
I walk almost every day and although my memory is short, today was one of the least pleasant strolls I can recall.
The humidity when I set out was 95% and even though the temperature was only in the mid 20s I was dripping.
When I stopped to buy water on the way home the woman in the shop even asked if I was okay. Clearly a "rosy" complexion with pouring sweat isn't my best look. Who would have thought?
Anyway, it's nothing a long, cool shower wouldn't fix if only there wasn't those water restrictions weren't in place ....

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photo but I was expecting a photo of my very talented Grandson on his first day of Year 10.
    Have a great year
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete