-->

Monday, October 29, 2012

October 29. Day 303. Happy Anniversary

Love is the thing that enables a woman to sing while she mops up the floor after her husband has walked across it in his barn boots.  ~Hoosier Farmer
I'm sorry, what?! 
Today I have been married for 18 years and I can honestly say I have never sung while I've mopped the floor and the noise that would come from my mouth should muddy boots belonging to my dearly beloved have created the mess, the noise coming from my mouth would in no way resemble a song.
Seriously, who writes these quotes? Let's try another one.
 A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity.  The order varies for any given year.  ~Paul Sweeney
Actually the order doesn't just vary for any given year, the order is very much a day to day prospect, sometimes hour by hour.
Time is a weird thing. In a way, 18 years doesn't seem that long at all. In another way I can't remember a time when I wasn't married to Charles.
I think marriage is a but like Still Life with Landscape by Robert Parr which I photographed in the sculpture park on Wickham Terrace today.
Sometimes it's flowers. Sometimes it's a long road. Sometimes there are clouds and sometimes it's just hanging around the house.
Marriage isn't my whole life but it's very much the framework for how I do everything.
So Happy Anniversary, Sweetness. According to the index of modern anniversary gifts for 18 years I can expect porcelain. Perhaps just cleaning the porcelain thrones we have... I wouldn't even insist you sing while you do it!





1 comment:

  1. Love it :+) Wishing you both much happiness for the next 18 years and beyond........

    ReplyDelete