-->

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

September 5. Day 249. Knit pic-ing

I'm quite a crafty person. I my time I have tried my hand at hand crafting jewellery individually painting tiny beads with intricate patterns. I've made cards, mobiles and pots. Hours of time (and an equally large number of $$$$$) have been devoted to creating "masterpieces".
It is easy to lose yourself in a project.
Although I am just a little bit handy, when it comes to what I consider fabric craft I am totally useless.
I can't knit, crochet or sew which I guess means I am crafty only on things that have no real practical use. You get that.
I am in awe of those who can knit which is doubtless why my eye was drawn to a wall of knitting at the ABC Radio studios in Brisbane this morning.
Listeners to the Afternoons program have spent months knitting and the results of their labour have now been collected and will soon be fashioned into scarfs and blankets and distributed to those in need. For now it's all rolled up ready to go. What an amazing display of warmth.

No comments:

Post a Comment