-->

Friday, August 10, 2012

August 10. Day 223. Wicked wind

 It's an ill wind that blows nobody any good. It's the same wind that signals to people in Brisbane that the Ekka is in town.
Those wicked westerlies blew into town today and unless you were somewhere very sheltered just standing upright was a challenge at times. So that's today's image - a completely improbable "No Standing" sign near the QUT Garden Point campus. This sign cracks me up. Not only is the pole bent but it is also a couple of metres from the bank of the Brisbane River. The chances of anyone standing there are somewhat remote unless there's been a second coming no-one's told me about.
I'm sure there is a very good reason for a sign like this to exist in that position - I just have no idea what that reason is.
So in the absence of facts I may just make something up. With luck, that might distract me from remembering how that westerly is cutting into me. It's an ill wind..

No comments:

Post a Comment