-->

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

June 19. Day 171. Uphill climb

A family friend starts just about every conversation with "How's the struggle?"
Truth is some days it can seem like a bit of an uphill climb. This is not my favourite time of year. It's winter. It's cold and the clock is ticking until the final deadline for exam results to be submitted. Yes, it's marking season and every day I feel like I am staring up at a steep rock face that has to be conquered. All you can do is strap yourself in and haul yourself up. It's exhausting.
The only way to stay sane is to make sure you build in time to remove yourself from it, step outside and take a good long walk to clear the head.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Today's photo was taken on one such walk to the Kangaroo Point Cliffs where I watched the rock climbers.
I can so relate. Okay, I do not have to actually to lift my entire body weight in assignments, which is just as well given my body weight, but it does feel like a monumental effort. And I don't have a safety rope.

No comments:

Post a Comment