-->

Sunday, February 5, 2012

February 5. Day 36. The Road Less Travelled



Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference

In poetry lessons in English at high school (which I hated) I studied Robert Frost thus I know that when he talked of the Road Not Taken he was not talking about the actual road. The road less travelled was not the one with the least traffic but the less conventional path through life. Whatever. Sometimes taking the road with no traffic can also yeild surprising results. On one of my regular walks I always turn right at one particular junction. The fact that there's a Road Ends sign to the left probably has a fair bit to do this. However, out of curiousity one day this week I went left. Sure, the road ends but the path does not. There's a track through the trees right down to the Brisbane River and on the bank there's a lookout shelter. It's absolutely magic. I was so impressed I dragged Mr O back with me this afternoon. There was a bit of whinging about being dragged off the computer but when he got there he did admit it was well worth the effort. Score one to Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment