-->

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 8. January 8. Boggo Road Markets


My paternal grandfather, who died well before I was born, was a warder at Boggo Road gaol so it is a Brisbane landmark which has always interested me. It is also very close to where I now live. So today I decided to make the Boggo Road Markets the destination for my morning walk. The gaol is closed but just wandering around has made me very seriously consider joining the Boggo Road Gaol Historical Society. The $12 membership fee would buy me the right to get into the gaol once a month to clean cells, something that sounds strangely attractive.
For the record, I did make purchases at the market - two tops for me, a T shirt and six Agatha Christie books for the lad and milk and the newspapers on the way home for Charles

1 comment:

  1. Nice shot. Haven't been to the Boggo Rd markets. Will have to get there.

    ReplyDelete